About the Church Unique Intentional Leadership Series
The Series Originated Unexpectedly
Some things are found along the way, not calculated. Twelve years ago, my call into gospel ministry transitioned from pastoring in a local church to providing vision and strategy coaching for many churches. By God’s grace I found unusual favor with a wide variety of pastors in different faith tribes and church models. I never planned to write, but eventually a passion for tool making would develop. Why? I observed firsthand how the right tool, at the right time, can change the trajectory of a church leader’s calling. And it all started with the book Church Unique.
The Series is Not for Everyone
Please know that this series is not about minor improvements in your ministry. It’s written with a higher aim—changed trajectory. Therefore, it carries a bold voice and challenging ideas. It’s not written to make you feel good or to entertain. It’s not an aggregation of good idea blog posts. In fact, it’s not really written for most church leaders. It’s written for the hungry-to-learn leader, the passionate dreamer and the disciplined doer. It’s written for the intentional few.
The Series is a Unique Collection
So how will the Intentional Leader Series look and feel different? We aim for these features:
• High transferability through model-transcendent principles. We are not creating tools to guide the strategy or tactics of one approach. Most books do this even without explicitly acknowledging it. Every book is applicable to any ministry model.
• Immediate usability on the front line of ministry. The tools have been refined in real, messy ministry. We will prioritize the application for your leadership huddle or staff meeting next week.
• Clarity-first conviction. This series connects to the foundational work in Church Unique; and each book, while able to stand on its own, will relate to and reference the fundamental tools like the Kingdom Concept and Vision Frame. The books will relate more like engine gears than like distant cousins.
• To-the-point style. These aren’t gift books or lite e-books created for advertising purposes. We want to bring short reads with sharp insight. We want a tool you can read in an hour, but change your leadership forever.
• Gospel confidence. The only real power center for ministry is the Gospel and we are not ashamed of this reality! (Romans 1:16) Therefore, no growth technique or creative innovation or smart idea should diminish a Gospel-centered outlook on ministry. This series will remind the reader that Jesus is sovereignly building His church (Matthew 16:18).
I hope you enjoy the contents of the series as we strive to bring you tools that are transferable, usable, integrated, and direct. More than this, I hope they challenge your thinking and make you a better leader in your time and your place.
Clearly in Christ,
Click on the image below to order a copy of the specific book in the series.