Here are 10 specific challenges I would recommend you make to your team. Challenges to put in place and act out on a regular basis. These are based on the challenges we’ve instilled on our Catalyst team the last couple of years.
1. Authentic. Be Real. Human. approachable. Guard against hubris.
2. No sideways energy. Communicate. Focus. Guard against silos and wasted energy.
3. Stewardship. Each of us embracing and understanding our role in what we’ve been given and required to manage and uphold through the platform we’ve been given by God to steward. Not just the leader.
4. Expertise. see myself as an expert. Individual responsibility and organizational responsibility.
5. Receive what we create. Become our own customer. Guard against the mundane. If you don’t like the product you are creating, you have a problem.
6. Guard against cynicism. Behind the curtain we have to guard against this. Fight it at every turn. And call it out if we see it.
7. Excellence. We are the best in the world. Confidence not arrogance. Act like it. Maintain a standard. Guard against being lazy and pessimistic.
8. Serve one another. Jump in and help. Get it done mentality. Not just when the “lights are on” (sports reference), but all the time. Be willing to do whatever it takes.
9. Protect and maintain a “make it happen” culture. Guard against the phrase “it’s not my job.” and guard against creating clicks.
10. Get better every day. Guard against complacency. Make it your goal to constantly improve and take your game to the next level.
Brad’s new book The Catalyst Leader is out! It will provide practical help for all leaders at any stage of their leadership journey and inspire you to be a true change-maker wherever you lead.
Read more from Brad here.